Volunteer with JazzBoston!
If you have experience in social media, e-marketing, content creation (WordPress), membership development, grant-writing, or web applications and Internet streaming … JazzBoston needs you!
Since our founding in 2006, JazzBoston has been managed and staffed by volunteers – from students to veteran professionals, fans to computer geeks. It wasn’t until late 2016 that we hired our first part-time staff member. We still depend on the energy and expertise of volunteers, and we always will. The opportunities to boost jazz music, musicians, and venues always seem to exceed our resources, and new volunteers bring new energy, ideas, and insights.
Volunteering is a great way to deepen your participation in Greater Boston’s jazz community and have some fun too. To learn more about specific volunteer opportunities, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer of the Year: Paul Burega
To show our appreciation for our stellar volunteers, JazzBoston established a “Volunteer of the Year” award and inaugurated it at our Annual Members and Friends Party on January 31. The first recipient was Paul Burega, the invaluable behind-the-scenes manager of JazzBird®, JazzBoston’s free global radio app. Paul, who has many years of experience in computer software and hardware, including providing international customer support for a wide range of software-based products, is also a professional photographer, quilter, gardener and international award winning philatelist.
Join the JazzBird Team
JazzBoston is expanding its JazzBird team. If you want to help shape the future of jazz radio and connect the world’s jazz community, here’s what it takes:
- Can you offer just a few hours a month, working from home when it’s convenient for you, to help keep JazzBird up to date?
- Are you able to respond to emails quickly, regularly?
- Are you willing to spend some time listening to new shows, and do you have enough knowledge of jazz to describe the style of their playlist?
- Are you comfortable using web applications to change/update lists of information?
- Do you know anything about Internet streaming, tracking down URLs and checking them? We’ll help you learn if you’re interested.
For more information about joining the JazzBird team, write to JazzBirdTeam@jazzboston.org.